Ads 468x60px

Friday, May 4, 2012

Miyamoto 'doesn't see Vita as a very strong product'

But "I'm not looking at Vita as happy that it's not selling well," says Nintendo legend

Shigeru Miyamoto has shared his thoughts on Sony's PS Vita, and it's probably fair to say the Mario creator doesn't give Sony's latest handheld a ringing endorsement.

PS Vita ScreenshotAsked what he thinks of the platform, Miyamoto told Edge in its latest issue, which is landing with subscribers now and goes on sale on May 9:

"I think I really can't say. It's obviously a very high-spec machine and you can do lots of things with it, but I don't really see the combination of software and hardware that really makes a very strong product. But I can't really say.

"I'm not looking at Vita as happy that it's not selling well," he added, "or scared that it would sell well - I'm not look at Vita in that way."

While sales data for other territories is harder to come by, Vita has consistently been outsold by 3DS in Japan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment